In the world of mathematics, the square is considered to be a two-dimensional plane figure which has to be taken into consideration by the people and this will be having four equal sides and four equal angles which will be equal to 90°. The properties of rectangle and square are somewhat similar but the very basic difference between both of them is that rectangle will be having only opposite sides as equal but on the other hand, the square will be having four equal sides of equal length.
Square is the regular quadrilateral which will be having or four sides of equal length and all four angles will also be equal. The angles of the square will be at a right angle or equal to 90° and the diagonals of the square will be equal and will be bisecting each other at 90° in the whole process. It is also very much a model for the people to be clear about several formulas associated with the square for example area of square, the perimeter of Square and several other kinds of related things.
The square is the four-sided polygon which will be having all sides of equal length and the measure of angle will be 90°. The shape of Square is like it has been cut from a plane from the centre and both the halves are symmetrical.
The properties of the square have been explained as:
- All four angles will be equal to 90°
- All the four sides of the square will be congruent to each other
- The opposite sides of the square will be parallel to each other
- Diagonals of the square will be bisecting each other at 90°
- Two diagonals of the square will be equal to each other
- Square will be having equal four sides
- The diagonal of the square will be dividing it into two similar Isosceles triangles
- The length of the diagonal will be greater than the sides of the square
- The formula for the area of the square has been explained as:
This is considered to be the region covered by the square into a two-dimensional plane and will be depicted by the formula of side Square in the whole process.
- The formula for the perimeter of square has been explained as:
It is considered to be the sum of all the four sides of the square and the unit of the perimeter will always remain the same as the length of the side of the square. It can be depicted as four into the side of the square.
The length of the diagonal of the square will be side into under root two so that people can have a clear-cut idea about the whole process and there is no problem at any point in time. Apart from this, people need to depend upon platforms like Cuemath so that there is no hassle and kids can have a good command over the entire concept of square shape very easily and efficiently.